A blasting and painting workshop uses abrasive blasting equipment to remove paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt from metal and apply paint according to standard procedure to protect the metal from corrosion.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
The role of the Painting supervisor is to organize the works in the blasting and painting workshop by receiving work orders from the workshop manager, allocate workforce to blasting and painting areas, getting the correct painting cans, and blasting abrasive, give any instructions to perform the works in quality and timely manners.
To be successful in this role, personnel must consistently meet some KPIs that is regulated by Workshop supervisor. This includes but not limited to:
- Schedule deviations on quality tasks should not exceed 10% of total project durations
- Quality notification response rate should be 100%
- Quality findings closure should be timely
Working Environment / Exposure to Risk
- Skin effects from contact with corrosive or sensitising chemicals
- Exposure to fumes
- Exposure to dust
- Explosion from compressed air installation
- Ensure that the company health and safety regulations are complied with.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are upheld and maintained within the work area.
- Minimise wastage of materials and consumables
- Work without supervision towards achieving strict deadlines
- Work as part of a team and be able to discuss any uprising issues with the Workshop Supervisor
- Complete sandblasting/coating tasks on time
- Ensure your sandblasting/coating surroundings are clean every day as per company procedure
- Uphold all the company’s ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 policies on all aspects
- Follow all company rules and regulations
- Follow all company and client Sandblasting/Coating Procedure Specification as instructed by Workshop supervisor, coating inspector and QAQC officer.
- Assemble items as instructed by supervisor
- Take proper care of all the equipment and facilities
- Read and interpret drawings and/or coating specifications for sandblasting/coating requirement.
- Assist machine operators for equipment and instructions.
- Monitor time of his painters/sandblaster/helper and work allocations
- Make inventory of paint and abrasive and consumables.
- Check availability of MSDS for any chemical product.
- Register all chemical uses.
- Liaise with coating inspectors for quality checks before, during and after applications.
- Internal: QAQC Lead, Workshop Supervisors, coating inspector, HSE Lead, Steel Fabricator, Welders etc.
Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Relevant Tertiary/Trade Certificate in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Acquainted with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 policies.
- Knowledge on standard sandblasting/coating procedures and specifications
Technical Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of the methods and standard practices of the sandblasting/coating
- Experience using the tools and equipment to sandblast, coat, and spray finished products as per company or client standards.
- Proven working experience in Sandblasting/ Painting management
- Able to read and interpret instructions pertaining to the sandblasting and coating of manufactured products.
- Must be able to pass sandblasting/coating test
Managerial and other Skills Required:
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent Communicative and Negotiation Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Leading Through Change
- Acting with Integrity
- Attention to detail.